Wednesday, November 6, 2013

And so we WAIT...

To say last week was stressful would be a complete understatement.  When I went off to college it was easy...
STEP 1:  take ACT
STEP 2:  Fill out application
STEP 3:  Visit said college
STEP 4:  Accepted!
STEP 5:  Graduate HS
STEP 6:  Move in!
DONE!

Nowadays....
STEP 1:Take ACT
STEP 2: Take SAT
STEP 3:Common App filled out
STEP 4:Brag sheet written
STEP 5:teachers asked to write recommendation letters
STEP 6: Counselor write recommendation letter
STEP 7: Essays
STEP 8:Creative tweets
STEP 9:paragraphs (Why X college)
STEP 10: MULTIPLE college visits

Ummmmm, ten steps and we haven't even been accepted yet??!!

Yes... STRESS!!!!!  But on the flip side we are in a new week and ALL of that is BEHIND us!!  Whew!  He has 1 more to submit and then we are DONE!!  We have 3 more colleges we are planning to visit this month.  It will be a fun mother/son trip.. VA, MD and DC ohh my!

He is still in communication with multiple coaches.  And YES, he has a favorite or two.  One is relatively close, the other not so much unless you go by plane!

To ask," have you checked the mail today?" has so much more meaning.  Like today a letter from BSC with "exciting scholarship" information in it! He has already received one official awards letter Yippeee Skippeeee!!  Hard work is PAYING off!!

Number 2 son has big plans for the upcoming long weekend... movies and rock climbing with friends!
I'm sure some time with BERTHA is in there too!

I am working on a LARGE corporate order of STATEments and plan to have them ready prior to leaving for our college visits!

Enjoyed a weekend of culture this past weekend... went from Annie Jr, to Rocky Horror!  Yep, that's quite the extreme!!

Well, I end as I have a date with the washing machine this evening and I am actually looking forward to being in at a decent hour and nothing major to do!  No essays to stress over, no letters of recommendations to worry about... just a nice quiet evening of laundry and the property brothers!



1 friends have left a message for us:

Anonymous said...

Love hearing about S and R ;-) Can't wait to see where #1 ends up. Love and hugs, J