We live in a wonderful community. Of course it is not without problems, one main problem is the managing of monies within our school system. We have suffered many cuts within the schools and without the passing of the penny tax we will face even more cuts. Now this is not a political post by any means and I am not saying whether I am for or against raising taxes to fund our schools...And what does this have to do with being Thankful you may be asking... Well, I am thankful that we have members of our community who are dedicated to providing additional creative opportunities for our kids...
A main opportunity is through theatre... Currently running is Seussical, Jr. And it is wonderful!!! Both boys have been involved in the past... Into the Woods, Willie Wonka, Mulan, and Still Life with Iris. It taught them discipline. Time management. How to work with others. Made them step out of their comfort zone. Confidence. And even got them invited to Kentucky to perform. Without people dedicated to the arts this would not have happened. The schools are trying their best to just get in the basics. So today I am thankful for our local children's community theater and the wonderful job they do!! They ROCK!!!
Style Showcase 355
-
Today's Style Showcase brings some fun summer ideas, from easy apple
cobbler, to dream home decorating ideas, furniture refresh with Fusion
paint, fun su...
6 hours ago




0 friends have left a message for us:
Post a Comment