Friday, November 21, 2008

Field Trip Fun

Yesterday both boys had a field trip. Number 1 son headed off to the International Festival and Number 2 son headed to the Walter Anderson Museum. I begged off on the International Field trip and headed to Ocean Springs, MS. {Only the second time in my life to even be in MS, the first being my pledge retreat and that is a whole other story in and of itself}

The Walter Anderson Museum was quite fascinating. When you first walk into the museum, there is a sculpture of a swimmer. How appropriate for our family!! He was quite the eclectic fellow. He did most of his traveling by bike or boat. They have both his bike and boat on display at the museum. I loved the boat. Oh to go back to a simpler time, without the rush and hustle and bustle of going from a to b to c. Afterwards, we went to a quaint little park for lunch. The kids then boarded the bus and I boarded my minivan and we headed off to find the "other" Walter Anderson Gift Shop. Found some really neat items. I didn't break the bank and only picked up 2 note cards to frame as a memento of our outing.


When all the ducks were back home {including McSweetie who had been in VA for work and had seen SNOW!!!}, we all got ready for the Annual Tree Lighting in our town. During the Holiday Season until Mardi Gras the downtown area is lit with millions of twinkle lights. It is so magical!! The MS band played and they did a great job.


Afterwards we headed to the local Mexican restaurant for dinner with friends. Didn't know ALL our friends would be there. I have NEVER seen the place so packed. One margarita later and all was right in the world. Sometimes you just need to unwind!!


Tonight we are having a girls night out... Bye to the Belly Party for a friend of mine who is about to go under the knife for some cosmetic surgery. I've never been to a Bye to the Belly Party; it should be MOST ENTERTAINING!!!


And tomorrow is FINALLY the YARD SALE!! I'll be glad to have my parking space back; it's cold outside!! So, if you need any bargains, you know where to come!!


Of course the big news is the Twilight movie!! Of course, it is sold out for tonight and tomorrow. I guess I will have to wait until Sunday. Anticipation.....


And other big news, our house made the "short list" of the people who came and saw it Monday. PLEASE!!!!!!!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

"'The very hairs of your head are all numbered.'" Matthew 10:30 Attention to ALL the DETAILS of my life!!

2 friends have left a message for us:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying you are at the top of the short list. Keep us posted. Believing God in all things! J

Katie Ryan said...

I've been to the Walter Anderson Museum, too! I loved it.