trying to juggle it ALL one day at a time {and looking cute while doing it!}
Friends who like to drop by....
2010 Book List
Saving Max
All Together Dead
The Wedding
Definitely Dead
The Girl Who Played with Fire
A Summer Affair
Exit to Eden
Sundays at Tiffany's
The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo
Almost Perfect
Stotan
Dead as a Doornail
Dead to the World
Club Dead
Living Dead in Dallas
Dead Until Dark
South of Broad
Sugar Cookie Murder
Psalms
Book Review...
Ok, thanks to my friend, Jill, she gave me a quick easy read the last time she was here... Sugar Cookie Murder. The great thing about this book... the recipes at the end!! It seems that about 1/4 of the book is recipes. I cannot wait to try some of them. The book itself was ok. Not much substance, kinda predictable but still if you are looking for a quick easy read...it would be an ok pick!
My next read is South of Broad, by Pat Conroy. I LOVE his writing. I always feel like I soooo know the characters. His way with words is lyrical to me! Always feel like I am right there whether it is smelling the salt air or watching mama's coffin being made. I cannot wait to dive in!
Scripture of the Day: From the cutest daily calendar my mom gave me in my stocking!
July 15th "Ponder the path of your feet," Proverbs 4:26 Like think before I head in the wrong direction?
July 11th "Honor the Lord with your possessions," Proverbs 3:9 It all belongs to Him anyway!!
July 5th & 6th "He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;" Proverbs 2:7 His protection is upon us!!
June 18& 19 "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His mercy endures forever" And people say nothing lasts forever!! Thank you for the gift of rejoicing!!
June 16th & 17th "Let the field rejoice and all that is in it. Then the trees of the woods shall rejoice before the Lord," 1 Chronicles 16:32-33 Makes me think of the dancing leaves to the wind's sweet music.
June 14 & 15 "Let the sea roar and all its fullness;" 1Chronicles 16:32 Sea mist filling the air with its salty scent.
June 12th "Let the heavens rejoice," 1Chronicles 16:31 Stars dancing in the moonlight!!
June 11th "The world also is firmly established, It shall not be moved" 1Chronicles 16:30 ALL your work is safe and solid. Wow!! That is powerful!! Not just established but FIRMLY established!!
June 7th & 8th "Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day!" 1 Chronicles 16:23 Extra Extra, hear all about it!!
June 3-6th "Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! Seek the Lord and His strength, Seek His face evermore!" 2Chronicles 16:10-11 Begin each day with a "spiritual" breakfast; be joyful seekers with happy hearts delighting in Him!!
May 22nd So he answered, "Do not fear,'" 2Kings 6:16 And I must confess that sometimes I need a reason to NOT to fear...
May 21st "'Alas my master! What shall we do?'" 2Kings 6:15 And I think I have said that very thing, how many times?!
May 19th "'Pour [your oil] into all those vessels, and set aside all the full ones.'" 2Kings 4:4 Blessings overflow our grateful hearts!!
May 17th "'Do not gather just a few.'" 2Kings 4:3 We must not limit God's generosity by small expectations.
May 16th "Then he said, 'Go borrow vessels from everywhere, from all your neighbors- empty vessels;'" 2Kings 4:3 God always has a plan...
May 9th "'You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men.'" I Kings 8:39 And yet you love us one and all!
May 7th "'There is no God in heaven above or on earth below like you,'" I Kings 8:23 The one and only God!! Soli Deo Gloria!
May 6th "... Largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore." I Kings 4:29 That's the kind of heart I want!! That's perspective!!
May 5th "'Therefore give to your sevant an understanding heart..." I Kings 3:9 Help me see the best in others... like you do!
May 2nd "'The Lord does not see as man sees,'" ISamuel 16:7 So our challenges do not seem as BIG to Him!!
May 1st "'Consider what great things He has done for you."' I Samuel 12:24 Talk about a list that has NO end!!
April 29th "' God is with you'" I Samuel 10:7 I pray today to hold onto what Samuel knew; that God is with me. Simple I know but so easy to forget!
Flight Path (This is the story of Reverand Barker's unwavering life of Faith!! And we doubt God cares about the little things and think He can't handle the BIG things!)
Hissy Fit ( I always start my summer reading it. I can't tell you how many times I have read it!)
Sweet Potatoe Queens Book of Love ( I love Jill Connor Browne and got to see her when she was in town)
0 friends have left a message for us:
Post a Comment