Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm so SORRY...

... that my fundraising assistant had to handle the delivery of merchandise today and I couldn't be there. When you only work 2 days a week, it's hard to say,"Hey, I know I only work 2 days a week but I need to be off on Wednesday b/c the fundraiser merchandise is being delivered". Plus I think it was God's way of keeping me sane!! Of course when I got home from work I had 2 messages from the school. I immediately called them and they gave me the low down.

My friend just left and with the leftover merchandise we filled all but 2 of the boo boo's. NOT BAD!! She felt bad b/c some people had the nerve to COMPLAIN!!! But I just said we're just volunteers and if they don't like the way it is run they can run it "better" next year!! Doesn't hurt my feelings in the least little bit!! I have just learned that it really just doesn't matter what other people think. If I know that I did my best, hey that's good enough for me. And if God can forgive my mistakes... Well, He is the only one that matters. So on that note...

"Call upon Him while He is near." Isaiah 55:6 I know He is near all the time unfortunately I don't always call upon Him. Yet He waits patiently.

3 friends have left a message for us:

Katie Ryan said...

Sounds like you had a hard day. Sorry. I hope today is better.

Anonymous said...

Great job and one more fund raiser down.....untold others to go but being a mom isn't for whimps now is it!

Have a good day! j

Tonya said...

Those who complain are usually the ones that don't lift a finger to help our schools! I would hate to be that unhappy! Keep up the good work!